Thursday, March 10, 2011

Higher Limits Trek, Nepal Trekking Company Review

To Whom It May Concern,
Gopal asked me to be a reference for his trekking company, Higher Limits Trekking. http://www.nepalholiday.travel/ 
I've had the pleasure of knowing Gopal for almost six years now.  I originally met him in Kathmandu while looking for a guide.  He did not have his own company then.  I was not sure who to trust and which tour company was safe and reliable.  I had wanted to do a custom trip starting in Jiri and ending at Everest Base Camp.  The trip must have been 20+ days going through Maoist rebel territory.  Gopal had never done such a route but was up for the challenge.  Being an American, I was definitely in danger by going through such remote areas at the time.  Gopal saved me as a number of times, helping me get through rebel road blocks and out of tight situations.  He worked with me on price, accommodations, food, etc.  I had the experience of a lifetime and have since kept in contact with him.
I am so pleased he has his own company now http://www.higherlimitstrek.com/ and am confident he delivers on his promises.  He is a genuine, honest, kind, hardworking guide and he knows how to enjoy the mountains of Nepal.  I'm also happy to report that his English has improved immensely since I first met him.  Knowing Gopal, I would expect that any of his colleagues would be just as professional and reliable.  I'd be more than happy to answer any of your questions and concerns.  I know choosing a guide can sometimes be unnerving.  I teach rock climbing and guide moderate climbers up long routes and I know that trust is key.  I hope you enjoy your time in Nepal, it is an amazing place and I'm sure you will have the experience of a lifetime. 

If it makes you feel better, feel free to look me up on facebook. 
Happy Travels,
Arone Silverman 
0014153149701
U S A

No comments:

Post a Comment